The weblinks below provide access to current national and local health information, resources and recommendations regarding COVID-19 and your health. Just press on the blue text!
Will there be variants after Omicron?
Will the variants be better or worse?
For answers to this mystery see:
CDC: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Salt Lake County Health Department COVID-19 weblinks:
Other Salt Lake Area Health Resources
- Safety Net Clinics
- Dental Resource List
- Utah Partners in Health, Providing Access to Healthcare for Those in Need
- Homeless Services: Medical, Dental and Optical
Podcasts on the science surrounding COVID-19
CIDRAP, the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP) at the University of Minnesota, works to prevent illness and death from targeted infectious disease threats through research and the translation of scientific information into real-world, practical applications, policies, and solutions. Find the latest health news: https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/
Dr. Michael Osterholm, PhD, MPH, infectious disease expert, provides a weekly report on the COVID-19 pandemic. Dr. Osterholm is the director of CIDRAP and has spent a career investigating outbreaks. Since 2005, he has emphasized supply chain and other vulnerabilities and a critical need for pandemic preparedness. Dr. Osterholm's podcasts as he dissects the latest COVID-19 news, data, and guidance: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-osterholm-update-covid-19/id1504360345
Additional Resources from the New York Times or MedScape Medical News
- Interactive map on COVID-19: Coronavirus in the U.S.: Latest Map and Case Count
Track Covid-19 in your area, and get the latest state and county data on cases, deaths, hospitalizations, tests ...
- Omicron: What We Know About the New Coronavirus Variant
In just a few weeks since its discovery, Omicron has turned out to be highly transmissible and less susceptible ...
- Long Term COVID-19 (50 Symptoms):
MOSAIC Resources Available for free
Find a health translator/interpreter: contact MOSAICinterfaithministries@yahoo.com or Leslie at 801-721-2641 (text/call)
Green Waters Health Center:
- Salt Lake County & MOSAIC Pre-Diabetes Project/Classes/Personal Coach: Becky 801-466-5612
- State of Utah & MOSAIC Trauma-based Health & Wellness Classes TBD: Leslie & Eno 801-721-2641
- Yoga Classes (W at 9 am): Maysa 801-694-7788
- Music Classes (T at 9 am): Leslie 801-721-2641
- Art Classes (W at 10 am): Amy 801-875-8661
- Migun Bed or Chair Massage (fully clothed) Monday through Thursday 8am -3pm Walk-ins welcome!
Experiential Report - Omicron COVID-19
Symptoms of Omicron (lasting 3-7 days):
begins with headaches
itchy and/or sore throat
mucus buildup; major swollen glands
runny nose (in back more than in front)
burning skin - hurts to the touch
sneezing and itchy eyes and sinus nose
struggling for breath; especially laying flat at night
You may consider making an appointment and going
to your clinic or doctor to get a COVID-19 test. An
official positive test may assist you with any insurance
claims or free government services for long-COVID-19
which impacts approximately 20% of those who get
State of Utah DOH recommendations are:
If you have COVID-19 SYMPTOMS, stay home until:
• You have been fever-free for 24 hours without using medicine to lower your fever,
• Your symptoms have improved for 24 hours,
• It has been at least 5 days from the day you tested positive; and you have one day without any symptoms.
S l o w down, rest, and take care of your health!
"Release Stress & Anxiety" During Pandemic & Beyond
For All - To Speak with a Trained Crisis Counselor:
National Distress Crisis Hotline - Call or Text: 1-800-985-5990
Call as often as you need to talk, get coping strategies and resources!
For Kids/Youth Mental Health & Wellness:
For Adults Mental Health & Wellness:
See Also: https://www.cdc.gov/mentalhealth/stress-coping/care-for-yourself/index.html
See Also: https://www.cdc.gov/howrightnow/gratitude/
Search: Women's Meditation Network:
Multiple Free Subscriptions including podcasts
Ten Mindful Movements by Thich Nhat Hhan
Want to Go to Free Yoga Classes? Try These 6 Options:
Senior Centers offer free Tai Chi, Qi Gong, Stretch and Yoga Classes
Remember, if in a crowd, wear an N95 mask and social distance!